Tuesday 21 November 2006

Calling the bluff?

Should I call the bluff as I see the bluff?

I do not like being manipulated/played.
And although I do try to trust in people as my first disposition, I am sensitive to noticing lies / when something is "left out"/ psychological games.
The big problem in this is that once someone is caught for telling a lie to me, I pretty much start to question and mistrust everything that comes out of their mouth. I'm like a big loyal dog - treat me bad once and the trust is gone.

But whether or not to call such bluffs?
If I don't I'll be taken for a fool who doesn't realize what's happening. But I don't really mind that very much - something someone thinks of me doesn't change what I know I am.
If someone thinks I'm stupid and gullible, they get careless and don't bother making up good lies / explanations etc. Therefor I get the advantage to better know what they are getting at or what exactly is the goal of or reasons behind their game.
Or I may find out if infact I have misinterpreted the situation, and thereafter won't accuse the person of something he/she hasn't done.
So I kind of get on top of the situation.
Or do I? I'm still the one that's being manipulated.

And on the other hand, this makes me untruthful and play a game!
Which is just intolerable!

So... I'm in a situation where I feel I'm being played and not told things.
Telling everything isn't necessary in a relationship, but when something is left out strategicly it can create a notion that the thing (or the lie) must have some great significance, because it needs to be hidden - "There must be something behind this! Why else would she lie/ have something to hide?"

If I confront her with this, she'll deny it and A: stop doing it, B: start doing it more cunningly; and it would be up to my paranoia which option I would believe.
And beyond that, I think she might genuinely think she isn't playing any games. She hides from herself but isn't capable of accepting that.
It might also be that she doesn't think what she does is wrong. There are different essential ways of seeing the world/reality afterall (whether I like the other views or not). In which case asking her not to do it anymore would do the trick if she truly cares about me. If not... that could definitely become a "dealbreaker", since being truthful is so essential for me.

What can I do or say if she doesn't even realilize that she does this?
What to do, what to do..?

Ofcourse the one last option is that I could just be plain wrong about the whole thing.
. . .

No comments: