Thursday 23 November 2006

Fertilizers and circles ( = crop circles? ;D )

Revisiting my earlier posts created an interesting thought in my head:
Shouldn't it /couldn't it be a good thing if there's a lot of crap in a relationship? Manure is good for the soil isn't it? The thought interests me.

Immediately after this I got a textmessage from my girlfriend where she called me "her flower". I told her to give me lots of light and to not overfertilize or -water me, and that she was the chicken poo of the soil of my feelings :) Sweet?

Oddly enough this created a whole other link to another thing I was thinking before, about things in life going/working in circles. Really I'm too much of a realist, but I'm greatly tempted to think there is something mysterious/magical about those circles that continuosly present themselves to me. Maybe I should become a "believer" ...instead of the cold hard rationalist?
Well, I'm already a dreamer.


People see meaning and reason behind coincidences because
they don't register the millions of things that have no connection/relation/link/coincidence with anything,
whirling around us in pure chaos,
but notice the one in a million incident where two or more things connect by chance.
(I love that chaos; for the complex logic behind the current of events and for the beauty of it's rare and yet abundant coincidents - the art of chance and the art of nature - and the fact how lucky I am on a given moment to be there, physically and mentally, to witness and to perceive it.)
Some give a philosophical answer to the question
like "a coincidence only exist when there is someone to observe the incidence", which is almost the same thing what I'm saying, but kind of like the "does a crashing tree in the woods make a sound if there is no-one there to hear it?" (ofcourse it does;) ),
to me it's pretty much just mathematics (probability calculus - By the way, funny enough, I suck at it!) besides the human reception part.
Well, others think it is by no chance.
The need to find reason and meaning behind things is so strong in humans that it misleads us from the actual reasons. The easiest way to go is to explain everything with just one explanation - usually this being god or something similar.
But isn't that what I too just did?
I'm not blind to that.
Science is in a way a religion too, but a bit more realistic well-thought and democratic then the rest, I would say. The nice thing about science is that it's not that much about deciding and claiming what the one unchangeable Truth is, but to step by step get a little closer to it (with some backward-steps too).

Besides I don't bind my beliefs in science either. I'm an agnostic and a dreamer all the way!
Infact I'm thinking whether I should give more room for my spiritual side, and maybe do some (more/all-the-way) leaps of faith of my own. Some things just don't work half-way, not for me anyways - like Love.

May Love enlighten my Spirit.
. . .

No comments: