Thursday 30 November 2006

Sleeping

People can't sleep but can't get themselves awake either. The most common topic of conversation (if that is what the deep unfocused mumble should indeed be called), is the absence of the sun. No-one has seen it even by a glimpse for weeks. We miss it, if we didn't concentrate on missing it we'd forget it's existence altogether.
How we wish to fall in winter-hibernation... I've been suggesting all of Finland should go on strike - and sleep - until the sun is given back to us. The Soviets used to use chemicals to get rid of clouds on parade days, didn't they? ...Sure, not too ecolologically sound. Atleast I wouldn't be the only one that doesn't get anything done (I forsee this coma-like state of mine going on until the end of january at least, but I sure hope not...). It keeps raining. If it was snow it'd be better, snow reflects and multiplies the little light there is - besides I'm tired of wet trouser legs.

Still...

I don't think I've ever been this happy at this time of the year.
I'm not bursting with joy ...but yes, I'm happy.
. . .

No comments: